Bursar bill is due on September 25, 2017. A late fee will be charged beginning September 26.
Final day to file Request for Authority for Thesis Defense in the Graduate College for Fall 2017 is December 1, 2017.
Final day to apply for doctoral general examination for Fall 2017 is September 1, 2017.
Final day to submit Request for Degree Check online for Fall 2017 is November 10, 2017.
Final day to file Request for Authority for Dissertation Defense in the Graduate College for Fall 2017 is November 22, 2017.
General University Resources
- Parking Passes and Information
- OU “One” Account
- Goddard Health Services
- Human Resources, Paycheck Information, and Health Insurance
- OU Bursar and Payment Plan Information
School of Meteorology Links
- Graduate Handbook
- Upcoming School Events (Colloquia, Seminars, Social)
- Stipend Information
- E-mail list sign up (FYI, NWC, Seminars, Monday Memo)
- NWC Problem Reporting (Dead Doors, etc.)
Graduate College Links
- Deadlines for Masters and Doctoral Degrees
- Masters Degree Forms
- Doctoral Degree Forms
- Required Professional Ethics Training
- Tuition Waiver Information
- Travel Resources
Direct Track Ph.D. Information
The direct track Ph.D. program requirements are detailed in the graduate handbook (linked above). As of the 2016-2017 academic year, the basic steps for the direct track are as follows:
1. Enroll as an M.S. student adhering to the M.S. course requirements.
2. Write the prospectus detailing the Ph.D. research topic and apply to the direct track via the SoM Direct Track Application Form.
3. Using the ‘Change of Program’ application, additionally enroll as a Ph.D. student. It is necessary to be enrolled in both the M.S. and Ph.D. programs at this stage.
4. File the ‘Program of Study‘ form adhering to the non-thesis M.S. requirements (this omits the research hours and is outlined on the recently updated Program of Study form) and check the box that list intention to be enrolled in both M.S. and Ph.D. programs and receive a non-thesis masters upon successful completion of the general exam.
5. Form the Ph.D. committee and hold the Advisory Conference, completing the Advisory Conference Report. Complete coursework to receive pay raise (Ph.D. student completing 30hrs of coursework).
6. Apply for authority to take the general exam and for graduation for the non-thesis M.S. during the same semester as the general exam (graduation application is on your one.ou.edu account under the Academics tab). Be mindful of applicable deadlines for these separate applications.
7. Successfully completing the general exam awards the non-thesis M.S. and admits the student to Ph.D. candidacy. A pay raise occurs here transitioning from Ph.D student to candidate.
8. Complete and defend dissertation to receive Ph.D.